Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Youngster's Money

2/27/2018 by Paula Sanders

"Money often costs too much." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Image result for black and white white ball gown blurred photo

I had the pleasure of attending one of my 2018 graduates 18th birthday celebration. It was a beautiful night for family and friends and heartwarming dedications.
One thing that struck me was how many books on finances the birthday girl was given. I thought to myself, wow, what an amazing gift, that she probably won’t pick up until she is way past college and fighting her way through graduate school and student loan debt while trying to find her rightful place in life. What a gift to pick up at such a crucial time.

It made me wonder about the other pages of financial advice and sage warnings might be out there, so I compiled a little list:

https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-College-Students/dp/1936111616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519787518&sr=8-1&keywords=7+habits+of+highly+effective+students&dpID=41A%252BHJqQtkL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch



Finally, here is a Time article from 2016 that I still think can be very useful and informative today. Engage and enjoy!

Image result for generation z




No comments:

Post a Comment